Are you a disciplined person?
If you are having a hard time answering this, perhaps this means that you are still confused about the definition of “Discipline” in your life.
On the other hand, this is actually normal for the reason that everybody has their own definition of discipline.
For some, discipline means they are being serious about doing something but it’s a whole lot of ball game when you associate discipline to Forex trading.
In the world of Forex trading, the term disciple means, you as a trader will be following the rules of the trading system strictly and accurately.
Having Forex discipline is essential for the reason that, over 80% of Forex traders loses their trades not because they do not follow a good trading system or they do not apply the right strategy, they lose for the sole reason that they are not following the rules of trading system. In simpler term, traders do not have discipline.
If you have been trading for a while now, how can you tell if a trader has a Forex discipline or not? Following points summarize what Forex discipline should mean to every professional trader.
- A well-disciplined Forex trader has a simple and practical trading system.
- Disciplined Forex traders only trade whenever there is a perfect and strong trade setup. In short, he is a hunter waiting for the perfect trade to be available.
- The trader does not seek for a new trading system every day because he has already come to a conclusion that the trading system he is trading the best as he can provides great results and success probability in the long-term.
- A disciplined trader does not allow a profitable and nice trade to be converted into a losing position.
- Traders with discipline do not try to make a large profit by taking too much risk.
- A disciplined trader does not over-analyze.
- Disciplined traders also do not see beyond what is obvious and only see the signal which is already in front of their eyes.
With the characteristics of a disciplined Forex trader stated above, can you now confirm that you are a disciplined Forex trader?
If you know for yourself that you are not a disciplined trader, you should start the change in your forex trading by having an excellent foundation of rules as you trade:
As you follow these rules properly, it will help you on your jurney to a trading success. This is how the successful traders of today attain their current trading standing.
They ensure to practice self-discipline and follow rules of their forex trading system promptly and strictly resulting to their successful career as a trader.